Researching is an important factor when it comes to reducing your carbon footprint. I’m here to provide some links to help you get your research started.
1. Here’s an article that gives pros and cons to drinking from cans vs bottles: https://vinepair.com/articles/can-versus-bottle-environment/
2. Here’s some information about how bauxite (the things used in aluminum cans) is mined and what impact it has on the environment: http://www.hydro.com/en/about-aluminium/Aluminium-life-cycle/Bauxite-mining/
3. Here’s an article about the recycling process of plastic bottles: https://www.howitworksdaily.com/how-are-plastic-bottles-recycled/
4. Here’s some information about what plastic burning plastic does to humans and the environment: http://plasticisrubbish.com/2008/06/02/dioxins-why-you-dont-want-to-be-burning-plastic/
5. Here’s an article about how hard it is to recycle plastic bottles: http://discovermagazine.com/2009/jul-aug/06-when-recycling-is-bad-for-the-environment
6. Here’s some information about the environmental impact of glass production: http://www.agc-glass.eu/en/sustainability/environmental-achievements/environmental-impact